Penn’s Zack Rosen signed a deal with Hapoel Holon, a member of the Ligat HaAl in Israel, on Thursday night.
Rosen tweeted the news to his followers around 9:00pm EST.
Im officially a pro ball player. Thanks to everyone who has helped get me to this point. Now, new beginning!
— Zack Rosen (@ZRoze1) August 3, 2012
The 2011-2012 Ivy League and Big 5 Player of the Year averaged 18.2 PPG and 5.2 APG as a senior for the 19-12 Quakers.
Rosen went undrafted this season, but he told Sporting News that he would want to play in Israel if he didn’t make an NBA roster.
The details of this contract were not announced, but stay tuned to Philahoops.Com for the coverage.
- Villanova’s Maalik Wayns signed with the Philadelphia 76ers.
- Temple’s Ramone Moore signed with Angelico Biella in Italy.
Updated 11 p.m. Thursday: Rosen tells Philahoops via text that his signing with the Israel club will keep him out of Sunday’s The-BALL showcase game at Hagan Arena.
-Backdoor Cut is the official blog of Philahoops. Follow on Twitter: @BackdoorCutBlog. Check out all of the Backdoor Cut posts HERE:
Latest posts by Teddy Bailey (see all)
- #17 Butler 70, Penn 57: Roosevelt’s 24 points helps Butler sneak past Quakers - January 2, 2013
- Penn State 58, Penn 47: Hicks scores 10 in loss - December 1, 2012
- Saturday preview: Quakers will be tested against Newbill, Penn State - November 30, 2012